Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Don't Turn Around....

... or you just may miss a zucchini that will grow to gigantic proportions! I picked off all the zukes on July 3. Went out of town with some friends for the holiday weekend. Didn't visit the garden until Wednesday. Holy round zucchini, Batman! I just picked 24.75 pounds of round zucchini (told you it was time for the squash parade). This is more than my previous total for the season so far. Quite a few weigh over three pounds. We'll eat some over the next few days (as we get ready for the onslaught of the next round - really, it's a problem I like having). Additionally, I'll dehydrate "chips" in the dehydrator. Finally, I'll also make some zucchini relish from a promising looking recipe I found in the Anchorage Daily News online.

By the way, all the zukes I picked today came from four plants. Zucchini - plant one seed, eat forever. :)

4 comments:

Chile said...

I've got a tasty lemon zucchini relish recipe I can send you if you're interested.

Crossfit Gal said...

Yes, please. :)

Chile said...

I'll send it along with the kimchi recipe in a bit.

Anonymous said...

Naomi - you have a green, red and yellow thumb. I'm so jealous - beautiful garden! I can relate to the overlarge zucchinis. They grow over night. I never know what to do with all that goodness. I do like the ideas of making dehydrated chips - thanks!