Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Someday I will Plant My Garden

Here in central North Carolina, I will someday have a garden, as I have for years. This year, it's taking so much longer to get things going. Yes, it's only April 8. I do have some peas growing, and some spinach and carrots are finally deciding to grow (after sowing those seeds on February 15). Brocolli and cabbage transplants bought it after several nights of unseasonably late hard freezes. And, I never got around to replanting. Then, the rains came, and it rained down from the heavens for days at a time, leaving the ground beyond saturated. Then we had a snowstorm at the beginning of March - the poor daffodils! Then it rained again for days, saturating the ground once more. I'm itching to plant something!


Source of the free fertilizer for the garden!


2 comments:

Chile said...

Sounds like lots of freaky weather interfering with your garden plans.

Is that a neighbor's horse?

Crossfit Gal said...

Yes, my next door neighbor has three horses and all the poo I could possibly ask for!